Lowes values your safety at home as much as anyone does. With A Lowes Money Saving Coupon from We Are Coupons you can save money on making your home safe for your loved ones this Christmas. During the holiday season, it's important to make sure that your home is safe. There are a few simple ways to do this.
Avoid putting lights on the Christmas tree
Using lights to decorate your tree is fun, but there are certain things to keep in mind to make sure you don't end up with a fire or electric shock. You should also avoid leaving lights on your tree for extended periods of time. Adding lights to your tree will also change the spacing between the lights.
You should start by putting the lights on the tree from the bottom up. This makes it easier to adjust the spacing later on.
Make sure you have a good extension cord to reach higher parts of your tree. You can also use ornaments to hide the cords. Also, you should test the lights to make sure they work.
Check to make sure there are no broken sockets or frayed wires. If there are any signs of damage, discard the set and replace it with a new one. This will prevent your tree from looking like a disaster.
Make sure the lights are evenly spaced. This is important because you don't want the lights to touch each other. Also, you don't want holes in the lights. You want to try to get as much light on the tree as possible without making it look bare.
You should also use a ladder to reach higher parts of your tree. You also don't want to coil the cords up, which can overheat them. This can also lead to a fire.
Avoid mistletoe, holly, and poinsettias
During the holiday season there are many plants used for holiday decorations. Many of them are toxic and have toxic properties. This article explores the toxic characteristics of 7 common holiday plants and how to avoid them.
Mistletoe is one of the most popular plants for holiday decoration. It is considered a symbol of love, healing, and good luck. It grows on deciduous tree branches and contains a number of toxic substances.
Holly is another popular holiday plant. Holly has a toxic reputation. Holly berries contain toxic compounds that can cause drowsiness and nausea. Holly can also be poisonous to pets.
Holly and mistletoe berries are toxic to pets and young children. They can cause diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain. They also contain chemicals that can damage the heart.
Poinsettias are less toxic than mistletoe. They are part of the rubber tree family. They are also considered less toxic than holly. They are considered safe for most people. However, some people react strongly to poinsettias. They can have serious reactions including seizures.
Poinsettias have been associated with Easter in Spain. However, they are not native to Europe. They were introduced to North America and became popular as Christmas decorations.
The American Poison Control Center (APC) has received more than 19,862 reports of ingestion of poinsettias between 2000 and 2009. Most of the patients did not need to see a doctor. However, severe reactions included death.